The mission of the Government Services Cluster, is to provide quality leadership and promote capable and efficient financial management, within the operational requirements of the Chief Financial Officer of the District of Columbia, measured by superior customer service, transparency, and continuous improvement.
The function of The Government Services Custer is to provide financial oversight to the following agencies: the Department of Transportation, the Department of Motor Vehicles, the Department of the Environment, the Department of Public Works, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Subsidy and the Washington Area Transit Commission. The Government Services Cluster is comprised of a Budget Division, an Accounting Division, and Management Operations.
The OCFO, Government Services Cluster is responsible for:
- Oversight and direct supervision of the financial and budgetary functions of the Departments of Transportation, Public Works, Environment, and Motor Vehicles
- Preparing the department's annual budgets and monitoring budget performance during the fiscal year
- Collecting receipts, payments, and transactions for the District
- Collecting revenue for the city
- Developing, implementing and monitoring the departmental policies and ensuring the agencies receive a clean opinion on the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the city
Biographies of Key Staff
Associate Chief Financial Officer: Biography: George B. Dines, Jr.
Budget Director: Ulysses Glen, Jr.
Chief, Management Operations: Hillary Ferguson
Controller: Ginny Brant
Agency Fiscal Officer, Department of Public Works: Perry L. Fitzpatrick
Agency Fiscal Officer, District Department of Transportation: Calvin R. Skinner
Agency Fiscal Officer, Department of the Environment: Robert Jose
Agency Fiscal Officer, Department of Motor Vehicles: Kimberly Borges (Currently on Extended Leave – no bio available)