Central Collections Unit Walk-In Center
The Central Collections Unit (CCU) Walk-In Center is open Tuesday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. by appointment only at 1101 4th Street, SW, Washington, DC, for in-person transactions. Appointments can be made at https://appt.cfo.dc.gov/qmaticwebbooking/index.html#/. Customers can also receive the full range of CCU services delivered at the Walk-In Center via the CCU Call Center by calling (202) 727-0771. Services will include payment plans (based on eligibility) and settlements.
We encourage our customers and employees to take extra precautions necessary to safeguard their health and that of others.
CCU Hours of Operation, Phone Number and E-mail Address:
- CCU Telephone Hours:
- 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday
- CCU Main Telephone Number: (202) 727-0771
- CCU E-mail Address: [email protected]
Outside of these hours, customers may call our third-party collection agent, Harris and Harris.
Harris and Harris - Hours of Operation, Phone Number, Website and Payment Address:
- Harris and Harris Telephone Hours:
- 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday - Friday
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday
- Harris and Harris Main Telephone Number: 833-480-8969
- Harris and Harris Website:DC.PayHarris.com
- Harris and Harris Payment Mailing Address:
Government of the District of Columbia
Central Collections Unit
PO Box 96934
Washington, DC 20090
CCU Fees and Policies for Installment Plans
To learn more about CCU fees and policies, click on the links below:
Central Collection Unit Customer Requirements, Payment Arrangements, Payment Methods, and Additional Information
Government-issued photo ID is required to conduct business with the CCU.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) established the Central Collection Unit pursuant to the Delinquent Debt Recovery Act of 2012. A contract has been awarded to Harris & Harris, a collections company, to collect all non-tax debt more than 90 days past due on CCU’s behalf for the District and its affiliated agencies, excluding child support and DC Water.
Harris & Harris replaces the CCU’s previous collection contractors -- Industrial Bank/Duncan (PAM), William and Fudge, CONSERVE and Nationwide Recovery Services.
Customers owing debts more than 90 days old to specific government agencies can expect to receive communication in the form of letters or phone calls from Harris & Harris. If a customer receives correspondence from our third-party collection agent, Harris and Harris, and would like to make a payment towards outstanding debt, visit DC.PayHarris.com or call the numbers listed below:
- For any DMV-related, delinquent debt, call 833-480-8894
- For any DCRA-related, delinquent debt, call 833-480-8899
- For any UDC-related, delinquent debt, call 833-480-8909
- For any UMC-related, delinquent debt, call 833-480-8914
- For any OFT-related, delinquent debt, call 833-480-8904
Payment Methods - Dishonored Checks
- Money Order (Make Payable to DC Treasurer)
- Cashier’s Check (Make Payable to DC Treasurer)
CCU Frequently Asked Questions
Central Collection Unit
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Office of Finance and Treasury
1101 4th Street SW, Suite W270
Washington, DC 20024
Phone: (202) 727-0771
CCU Email: [email protected]
CCU Fax: (202) 727-2955