The mission of the Office of the City Administrator (OCA) is to facilitate the effective and efficient implementation of the Mayor’s vision and priorities by providing leadership, support, and oversight of District government agencies.
Summary of Services
The Office of the City Administrator supports the day-to-day operations of the District government by:
- Managing the Performance Management program (including CapStat) to track progress toward goals, reduce costs, improve government services, and increase government accountability;
- Improving government services and responsiveness by creating efficiencies and advancing innovative solutions to public challenges;
- Increasing public-private partnerships to expedite vital capital projects;
- Providing direct leadership and support to the Government Operations Cluster, which reports directly to the OCA, in addition to the operations of each Deputy Mayor’s office;
- Developing fiscally responsible performance-based budgets and continuously monitoring agency spending to ensure government services are delivered on time and on budget; and
- Fostering fair and open negotiations with the District government’s labor union workforce.