It is the policy of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer to make existing agency records available to the public that are disclosable and not subject to exemption under District and federal law. Please note that FOIA does not require the agency to provide documents already made publicly available through other means.
The FOIA Officer is the principal contact point within CFO for advice and policy guidance on matters pertaining to the administration of the FOIA. The FOIA Officer may require that an oral request be reduced to writing.
Submit your FOIA request and monitor its status online by clicking on FOIA Request Form.
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
John A. Wilson Building
1350 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 200
Washington, DC 20004
Phone: (202) 727-9528
Fax: (202) 724-4217
There is no fee to submit a FOIA request. However, you may be charged fees for searching, reviewing, and reproducing records. Please be aware that you may have to pay search and/or review fees even if the search does not locate any responsive records or if records are located but are withheld as exempt. See DC Official Code § 2-532 and 1 DCMR § 408.The OCFO may charge the following fees:
- Searching for records: $16.00 to $40.00 per hour based on the pay grade of the personnel who performs the search and with the first hour free of charge.
- Charges for initial review of documents: $16.00 to $40.00 per hour based on the pay grade of the personnel who performs the review and with the first hour free
- Photocopies: $0.25 per page
- Document certification: $1.00 per document to certify a document as true copy of an agency record
- The direct cost of any service or material for which no fee has been established