The mission of the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services (DMHHS) is to support the Mayor in coordinating a comprehensive system of benefits, goods and services across multiple agencies to ensure that children, youth and adults, with and without disabilities, can lead healthy, meaningful and productive lives.
Summary of Services
The Office provides leadership for policy and planning; government relations; and communication and community relations for the agencies under its jurisdiction, including:
- Child and Family Services Agency (CFSA)
- Department of Behavioral Health (DBH)
- Department on Disability Services (DDS)
- Department of Health (DOH)
- Department of Health Care Finance (DHCF)
- Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS)
- D.C. Office on Aging (DCOA)
The Office manages two special initiatives: Age-Friendly DC and the Interagency Council on Homelessness.