DC Medicaid provides health care coverage to low-income and disabled adults, children and families. To be eligible, you must be a resident of DC and must meet non-financial and financial eligibility requirements.
- MAGI is not a number on a tax return.
- MAGI is based on federal tax rules for determining adjusted gross income (with some modification).
- You do not have to file taxes to be eligible for MAGI Medicaid.
- No asset test or deductions – except for an across-the-board 5% deduction (known as “disregards”).
- Adults (age 21-64) without dependent children;
- Pregnant women;
- Parents/caretaker relatives; and
- Children under the age of twenty-one (21)
- Age 65 or over, blind, or have a disability, with resources at or below $4,000 for a single person
- SSI recipients
- Home and community-based waivers participants
- Long Term Care beneficiaries
- Medicare Savings Program recipients (QMB and QMB Plus)
- Foster Care/Adoption Assistance
- Medically Needy Spend Down
- Former Foster Care Children
- Under 19 years of age and qualify for TEFRA/Katie Beckett
- Have been screened and need treatment for Breast and Cervical Cancer
If you feel that you may qualify for Medicaid under a MAGI category, you should submit a DC Health Link application https://dchealthlink.com/