Director, Financial Control and Reporting (FCRD)
Diji Omisore is the Director of the Financial Control and Reporting Division (FCRD), a position which he has held since October 2008. In that capacity, Mr. Omisore has oversight responsibility for the following FCRD functions:
- Compiling the District’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Implementing new accounting standards in accordance with the requirements of authoritative or standard-setting bodies (e.g. Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA), etc.)
- Providing professional guidance to District agencies on the proper application of accounting principles
- Performing relevant research and writing position papers on the proper accounting treatment of new or unusual business events
- Overseeing District agencies’ remediation of internal control deficiencies noted in the independent annual CAFR and Yellow Book audit reports
- Providing accounting systems training to District employees.
Mr. Omisore was first employed by the District of Columbia government as a group accountant in the Office of Financial Operations and Systems in June 2001. In September 2005, he was promoted to the position of Financial Reporting and Policy Manager. In that position, he oversaw the compilation of sections of the CAFR related to capital projects expenditures, construction in progress (CIP) and capital assets; developed strategies for implementing new accounting standards; and provided guidance to agencies on technical accounting and financial reporting issues.
Prior to joining the District government, Mr. Omisore managed the tax, accounting, and auditing practice of Linwood Jennings and Associates, PA, a Maryland certified public accounting firm that specializes in small and medium-sized businesses.
Mr. Omisore is a certified public accountant and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Towson University, in Towson, Maryland.