Office of the Chief Financial Officer

DC Agency Top Menu

Cold Emergency -The District's Cold Emergency Plan is currently active.

Learn more about the Cold Emergency Plan.


-A +A
Bookmark and Share

How to Report Unclaimed Property

The Unclaimed Property Unit requires all businesses and financial institutions holding five or more listings of abandoned property to provide their report by CD or electronically. All holder reports (CD or paper) and remittances (made payable to the DC Treasurer) should be mailed to:

    DC Office of Finance and Treasury
    Unclaimed Property Unit
    1101 4th Street, SW, Suite 800W
    Washington, DC  20024

However, holders are encouraged to send all remittances through a wire transfer and file all reports electronically in an effort to expedite the payment and processing time. Please see our Reporting Instructions and Forms section below for further information on this process.