DMV Customer Flyers
DMV Customer Flyers
Attention DMV Customers
Important Information from Office of Finance and Treasury – Central Collection Unit (CCU)
CCU Telephone Number: (202) 727-0771
In order to discuss payment options with the CCU:
- Must be unable to pay the balance due in full;
- Aggregate ticket/fee/ins. lapse violations must exceed $350.00
- Tickets must generally be at least 90 days old;
- Tickets eligible to be contested will only be discussed if customer agrees to sign the CCU Waiver of Rights;
CCU will entertain any District or Non-District customer that is in need of extended payment arrangements, providing they meet the criteria shown above.
CCU Customer Service Center is located at::
1101 4th Street,. SW (2nd Floor)
Washington, DC 20024
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2014, THE CENTRAL COLLECTION UNIT WILL ASSESS A 20% FEE AGAINST CERTAIN DELINQUENT DEBTS OWED TO THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
- The purpose of the fee is to cover the cost of collecting delinquent debts owed to the District of Columbia, and is reviewed and adjusted annually
- The fee is applicable to all District agency delinquent debts assigned to the Central Collection Unit (CCU) for collection. Fee implementation will be staggered based on system programming by District agencies.
- The CCU fee will be added to all outstanding debts that are over ninety (90) days old and assigned to the CCU or its outside collection agencies for collection.
- Initially, the fee will be assessed against delinquent debts owed to the Department of Motor Vehicles, United Medical Center and the Office of Finance and Treasury (dishonored check collections). The University of the District of Columbia will be included at a future date.
- The Delinquent Debt Recovery Act of 2012, Section 1044, Imposition of costs and fees, provides for the CCU to prescribe, impose, and collect fees from debtors to cover actual costs or expenses associated with the collection of delinquent debt.
- Questions should be directed to the CCU at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone (202) 727-0771.