Mental Health and Substance Use Report on Expenditures and Services (MHEASURES)
The Department of Behavioral Health publishes a semi-annual comprehensive overview of the usage of community based mental health and substance use disorder services. The report called Mental Health and Substance Use Report on Expenditures and Services (MHEASURES) provides a summary of key agency measures related to service cost, utilization and access to the public behavioral health system. It will be used to identify utilization trends. The following information is contained:
- Enrollment data by age group
- Service utilization by age group
- Utilization by service type/level of care
- Percent of adult consumers with Serious Mental Illness (SMI) and children and youth with Serious Emotional Disturbances (SED)
- Cost and utilization data
- Funding Source
The report is based on two quarters of data which is analyzed 90 days after the close of the second quarter to account for claims lag. Reports are published January 15 and July 15 of each fiscal year.
Note: Prior to July 15, 2015, the report covered public mental services only.